Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hot from the pen of Rachel Lynne:

"Secrets, Lies, Murder... And things that go bump in the night. Haunted romance with a Southern twist."

Guess what?? I know a real, live, author! I am giddy with excitement for her and the release of her new book, Ring of Lies. It promises everything... suspense, danger, mystery, and of course, romance. Here's a quick excerpt:
A café owner and an ex-cop must unravel the mystery surrounding a hot blue diamond in order to stop a cold blooded killer.
After a childhood lived on the road with a free-spirited aunt, all café owner Ivy Michaels wants is a normal and uneventful life, but when her aunt is found floating in the Savannah River, Ivy inherits an heirloom blue diamond and a killer bent on keeping the past buried.
Dom Riordan is an ex-cop obsessed with finding his mother's killer. A chance meeting, and a glimpse of evidence he's been seeking, convinces him that Ivy Michaels is the key to solving the crime. Dom devises a plan to date Ivy and ferret out the truth but he didn't count on losing his heart. As a ruthless killer closes in on Ivy, Dom will risk everything to keep her safe.
Sounds good, eh? But the best part is the price! Wait for it... $5. Yes!! Five bucks will get you the book from Wild Rose Press when it debuts December 22!

This could be the perfect follow up to all these textbooks this quarter, since Ring of Lies debuts right after my last final for this quarter. Oh yeah, I can see myself curled up on the couch in two weeks, hot chocolate in hand. ; )



Print

2 comments:

  1. :), You are so sweet. Why didn't you tell me you were blogging about my book? I'd of pushed your site then everyone would read all your thoughts on yummy desserts!
    If you decide to curl up with Ring of Lies as a reward for your academic progress you need to check out my blog post tomorrow; I'm thinking the weather outside being what it is we could all use some hot cocoa and did I ever stumble upon a great cocoa recipe!
    Ivy, the heroine in Ring of Lies, makes this recipe toward the end of the story ... girl has good taste :)!
    Recipe appearing tomorrow, and will be posted on my website extras page by the end of the month :)
    I'm going to put all of the recipes featured in Ring of Lies on that page under Stellar Recipes From the Cosmic Cafe (that would be Ivy's new cafe in the book-better known as the Sentient Bean to us locals, I just jazzed it up a bit :)
    Love that place!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thans for visiting and commenting on my blog. No, I didn't take the boys by myself.My husband had went earlier in the day. The campground is about 40 miles away.
    As for the book, I love to read books set in my hometown, Savannah, so I will be looking forward to it.
    And Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete