Saturday, October 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

My guys have been hounding me about cookies again. It started when my hubby brought home yet another bag of Ghirardelli chips. There were already two bags in the house, so I played dumb and pretended not to notice. 

Ghirardelli Baking Chips Bittersweet ChocolateA few days later he said, "Hey honey, I got some chocolate chips. Do ya think you can make some cookies this weekend?"

One of the kids overheard this and jumped in with, "Yeah! Cookies! Please mom?"

So, cookies went on the docket. And waited weeks for me to get around to it. Finally, this weekend, I carved out some cookie time. Only, I didn't want the same old chocolate chip cookies the guys keep clamoring for. I wanted to play a bit.

Enter Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Chips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c raw sugar

Cream well
-----------------------------------------------------------------

About this time, the oldest teen hollers across the yard, "Cookies ready yet?"

"No", I yell back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla

Beat for 3 min, or 'til your arm feels like it's gonna fall off
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Then he stops by the kitchen door and repeats, "Cookies done yet?"

Again, I answer, "No."

Him and his dad take off for town. Oh, the peace and quiet...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
2 c wheat flour
1 c white flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda

Mix just 'til combined
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1 c rolled oats
12 oz dark chocolate chips

Add and stir by hand
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Drop spoonfuls  onto baking sheet or stone.
(You may need to mold them a bit by hand)
Bake @ 325 for 10-15 min.
Remove from oven, loosen from baking sheet/stone.
Let sit for 5 or so minutes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I pour my milk and as I head to the computer to sit for bit, I pass the oldest kid when he comes in the door. He sees my cookies and bolts for the kitchen, hollering, "COOKIES!!!" This brings the horde on; his younger brother puts down his video game and rapidly follows, also bellowing, "COOKIES!!!" And then there goes their father. He's not yelling, but there is a gleam in his eye.


Thankfully, I've gotten all the cookies I wanted. 





Print

No comments:

Post a Comment