Friday, October 8, 2010

Eat Cookies - Lose Weight: A Weight-Loss Program That Works

Don't talk to me about diets. They don't work. It's a painful life to live: always counting, adding, analyzing, etc... The very memory makes me sick at my stomach. One day I stopped counting. I quit adding calories. I gave up analyzing.  Then I lost weight. And I kept it off. Here's how:

1. First - and this is vital - come to terms with your size. Not every woman in the world must be a size 6. Or even a size 10. Ever notice what size jeans are always missing on the clearance racks? 12's, 14's, and 16's. So... the average woman is around a size 14; give or take a bit either way. The point is, we don't have to look like toothpick Mary Jane over there. Be healthy instead of skinny. Enjoy your man having something to grab hold of instead of bemoaning your reflection in the mirror.
2. Decrease the sugar in your food. Not eliminate - just decrease. In every recipe, cut it by 1/4. Then cut it by 1/2. After awhile you won't even miss the ooey-gooey sweet stuff, and it will take a not-as-sweet dessert to satisfy that craving. And, I'm talking about REAL sugar here, folks. Sugar substitutes just seem so - well, cheap. If I'm gonna eat it, then I want the real stuff.
3. Moderation. In ALL things. Even cookies. Just cause the teenager can knock back 5 of the little buggers doesn't mean I should. He won't gain any weight by doing so, but I will, so I'll stick to two, thank you very much.
4. Move your butt. Anyone will put on weight no matter what they eat if they sit around all day, so get moving. I don't mean a 30 minute DVD workout every morning either. Just simple stuff like: 
    • Choosing the farthest parking space.
    • Walking the long way back to your office.
    • Taking the stairs, even if you don't really have to.
    • Keeping your posture straight by tensing your upper abs.
    • Using a push mower to cut the grass.
    • Cutting the grass instead of making the kid do it.
    • Cutting the grass twice a week instead of once.
    • Cranking up the music while you clean to make sure you wiggle everything.
    • Doing the 'twist' when the kids aren't looking. (Got a twisty chair at your desk?? Brace your arms on the desk and 'twist' away!)

    This is how I survive in a house full of men who crave sweets all day long. Over the course of three years, I've gone from a size 18 to a size 14 and - here's the amazing part - I've kept it off through three holiday seasons. And I didn't deny myself a thing.



    Print

    No comments:

    Post a Comment