Friday, August 13, 2010

A Handy Tool that Every Kitchen Needs

Ever wondered how many teaspoons an ounce was equal to?

I have a handy crock in my kitchen with the most common conversions printed on the back of it. Of course, the back is really the front for me. There's a doofy flower on the real front.


Anyway, I passed this baby in a thrift shop one day, and as is natural in these cases, it called my name. Then it told me how much I needed it to sit on my counter, right by the stove, and hold all my big spoons and spatulas. It was so right. I've referred to the conversions on the crock so much that I have most of them memorized. Except for really small ounces of liquid.

I've bought some concentrated soap and according to the directions, it should be mixed at a rate of 2 ounces soap to 2 gallons water. Naturally, I started halving everything. (My algebra teacher isn't real fond of this method, but it works for me.) Well, I got as far as 1/4 of an ounce to one quart, but my bottle was approximately half a quart, or 20 ounces to be exact. Okay, so 1/8 of an ounce of soap. (That's another reason I don't do great with algebra... estimating is just too easy.) So anyway, how do you get 1/8 of an ounce if you don't have a medicine cup from Children's Tylenol lying around? Enter the world wide web. Equivalents and Measures

Print it out and paste it to your own utensil crock!



Print

No comments:

Post a Comment